This years summit will be held in New Brunswick, New Jersey. It is January 19(registration 3-5pm), 20, ending noon 21. There is NO registration fee or charge for the summit. You will need to EMAIL our Foundation to register ahead of the event. Community@oneworldeverybodyeaatsfoundation.org or email@example.com.
We have a block of rooms reserved at the Hyatt in New Brunswick at 119.00/night for a King size bed. There are no doubles at this time so please make adjustments. You could also consider having a roll away bed brought in. Click here to make a reservation on our own One Wolrd Everybody Eats Foundation website from Hyatt. You may also call the hotel directly 732 873 1234. We will provide a shuttle to the conference venues Sat, Sun, and Mon.
There are also rooms at the Rutgers University Inn and Conference Center, 178 Ryders Lane, New Brunswick, NJ 08901. 732 932 9144. These rooms are a little less expensive. We do not have any reserved here, but we will offer a shuttle to the conference venues Sat, Sun and Mon.
There are a few good ways to get to New Brunswick:
1. Fly into Newark, NJ and take the train to New Brunswick. The hotel is located a block away on 2 Albany Street.
2. Fly into JFK, take the bus or taxi to Penn Station and get on the New Jersey Transit train and get off at the New Brunswick stop( about 45 minutes). The hotel is a block away on 2 Albany Street.
3. Fly into LGA ( La Guardia), take the bus or a taxi to Penn Station and get on the New Jersey Transit train and get off at the New Brunswick stop ( about 45 minutes). The hotel is one block away on 2 Albany Street.
There are also accomidations at Rutgers University for a little less and they may have double beds available.
2013 Summit Program
PRE SUMMIT ACTIVITY
Saturday January 19 from 12pm – 2pm
Location: Promise Culinary School 18 Nelson Street, New Brunswick, NJ
Meet for lunch provided by Promise Culinary School then choice of two:
1. Building Community Food Security- learn about the New Brunswick Community Food Alliance and projects across the city that are changing the landscape of food access for all. Visit community garden, new supermarket and other sites to learn about the work and role of our local food policy council in New Brunswick.
2. Chef’s roundtable with Pearl Thompson, Director of Promise Culinary School and instructor from Johnson and Wales. Chefs demo and share ideas related to sustainable food fare and practices.
SATURDAY January 19
9:00 am – 3:00 pm – Annual OWEEF BOARD MEETING ( for OWEEF board members only)
4 – 6 pm summit registration / mingle ( location is 19 S. 2nd Ave, Highland Park, NJ in the Reformed Church of Highland Park)
6:00 pm – 7:00 pm Dinner catered by A Better World Cafe on the ‘Pay What You Can’ model. Please have cash or check donation.
7:00pm – 8:30 Official opening of the Summit by Denise Cerreta, Founder of One World Everybody Eats Foundation
– Introduction of all attendees ( please bring any video or pictures of your cafe or future location)
8:30 – 9:00pm Presentation
9:00 – 10:00 Entertainment by Spook Handy and others? !!
SUNDAY January 20
Location – Douglas Campus Center, Trayes Hall 100 George Street, New Brunswick, NJ
8:30am – 9:00am Continental Breakfast sponsored by Elijahs Promise Culinary School.
9:00am – 10:00am Round Table Discussions with all Community Cafe Operators in front of the whole group ( sharing new ideas that have surfaced since last summit, fundraisers, partnerships, revenue streams, marketing etc…)
10:00- 10:15 Break
10:15 – 11:30 Break Out Sessions
– Pop -Up Community Cafe model
– Volunteer Coordinating and Management
– Non Profit Start up
11:30 – 11:45 Break
11:45 – 4:00 pm Tour of The SouperVan, Elijahs Promise Culinary School, and Jon Bon Jovi Soul Kitchen in Red Bank, NJ
( lunch will be furnished by Soul Kitchen)
New Location: Elijah’s Promise/Promise Culinary School, 18 Nelson Street, New Brunswick, NJ
4:15 – 5:15 Break Out Sessions
– mobil kitchens
– Board of Directors Roles
– Managing your kitchen costs
5:15 pm – 5:30 Group Picture
5 :30 – 6:30 Round Table Discussions with people in the Planning stage in front of the group/ guidance from cafe operators
6:30 – 8:00 Dinner
8:00 – 10:00 pm One on One conversations with people from our network and networking at the Hyatt
MONDAY January 21
Location: Elijah’s Promise/Promise Culinary School 18 Nelson Street, New Brunswick, NJ
8:30am-9:00am Continental Breakfast served sponsored by Elijah’s Promise
9:00am – 9:30 am Annoucement of location of the 2014 summit and goals of the OWEEF for the year.
9:30 – 10:15am Presentation TBA
10:15 – 10:30 Break
10:30 – 11:30 Open Mic on any community cafe topic and general sharing
11:30 – noon Closing Circle – official end of the 2013 OWEEF Summit